please
v
1 [Tn] be agreeable to (sb); make (sb) happy 使(某人)滿意或愉快
It's difficult to please everybody. 很難做到人人滿意.
Our main aim is to please the customers. 我們的目的是讓顧客滿意.
He's a very hard/difficult man to please. 他是個很難讓人討好的人.
I shall have nothing to do on holiday but please myself, ie do as I like. 我在假日只圖快樂, 別的什麼事都不做.
2 [I] (in subordinate clauses beginning with as or what 用於以as或what開頭的從句中) (fml 文)
(a) think desirable or appropriate; choose 認為滿意或合適; 愿意
You may stay as long as you please. 你愛呆多久就呆多久.
Take as many as you please. 你要拿多少就拿多少.
(b) want; like 想要; 喜歡
That child behaves just as he pleases. 那孩子想干什麼就干什麼.
I shall do as I please. 我喜歡怎麼做就怎麼做.
Do what you please. 你想做什麼都行.
3 (idm 習語) ,if you `please
(a) (fml 文) (used when making a polite request 用於客氣的請求)
Come this way, if you please. 請您這邊走.
(b) (used to express annoyance or outrage when reporting sth 用於轉述某事時表示惱怒或憤恨)
And now, if you please, I've been told I'm to get nothing for my work! 嘿, 真豈有此理, 聽說我是白干工作毫無報酬!
He says the food isn't hot enough, if you please! 他竟然說吃的東西不夠熱, 你聽聽這話! ,please `God may God let it happen; if it is pleasing to God 但愿上帝讓它實現; 若天意如愿
Please God, things will start to improve soon. 但愿事情很快開始好轉.
She'll get better one day, please God. 她總有一天會好起來的, 愿上帝開恩. ,please your`self (ironic 反語) do as you like; I don't care what you do 請便; 我才不在乎你做什麼呢
`I don't want to come with you today. ' `Oh, please yourself then!' `我今天不想和你一起去.'`哦, 請便吧!' please, interj
1
(a) (used as a polite way of making a request or giving an order 用於客氣的請求或吩咐): Please come in. 請進.
Come in, please. 請進.
Two cups of tea, please. 請來兩杯茶.
Tickets, please! 請把票拿出來!
Would you go now, please! 請您現在走吧!
(b) (used to add emphasis or urgency to a request or statement 用以加強請求或陳述的語氣或迫切性)
Please don't leave me here alone! 請別把我一個人留在這里!
Please, please, don't be late! 可千萬別遲到!
Please, I don't understand what I have to do! 真是的, 我不明白該做什麼好!
2 (infml 口) (used when accepting an offer emphatically 在接受別人好意時用以加強語氣) yes, please 那太好了
`Shall I help you carry that load?' `Please!' `我幫你拿那個重東西好嗎?'`那太好了!'
3 (idm 習語) yes, please (used as a polite way of accepting the offer of sth 用作接受好意時的客氣話) I accept and am grateful 我接受并且感謝
`Would you like some coffee?' `Yes, please. ' `你要點咖啡嗎?'`好的, 謝謝.'
`Would you like a lift into town?' `Yes, please. ' `你愿意順便坐我的汽車去倫敦嗎?'`好哇, 謝謝你.
?? 擴展釋義
*[pli:z]ad. 請vt. 使高興, 合...的心意, 取悅vi. 使人滿意, 討好, 愿意, 敬請相關詞組: if you please please oneself be anxious to please